The SBI PO exam is usually unpredictable but it is a different scenario with the Descriptive test of the main paper. It is not a total surprise as we are already aware of what is expected. The descriptive paper of SBI PO Main Exam is a thirty-minute long paper. It constitutes 25 marks. Candidates will have 30 minutes for the descriptive paper. It will be commenced as soon as the objective paper is over.
Your typing speed matters a lot as descriptive test takes place on a computer. The descriptive paper comprises of both essay and letter writing. You will have fifteen minutes to complete your essay. The questions will be allocated in English and these questions have to be answered using only keywords.
Key Points to Remember While Writing Essay
- Do a rough framework of your essay and pen down some of the vital key points on your sheet. Note: Do not spend too much time in writing down these points.
- The introduction paragraph or first paragraph makes a first impression of your essay upon a reader. On a positive note, one of the best ways to draw reader’s attention towards the rest of your essay is by presenting your essay with current affairs. Do not forget to highlight the keywords in your paragraph. Your viewpoint must also be clear in the introduction.
- Some of the vital points that should be present in your essay are stated below:
- About the Topic
- Negative and Positive Points about the topic
- Always ensure that your first paragraph is impressive.
Tips for Descriptive Paper
- The first and foremost thing is to brush up your English skills as it plays an important factor for descriptive test. The test is mainly conducted to see how efficiently the candidate can communicate with others or how well they can articulate information.
- One of the best ways to improve reading comprehensions is to read newspapers daily. This will give you an outline of how paragraphs are shaped.
- Take more practice test as possible in online mode. It would help to increase your typing speed as an actual descriptive test is conducted online.
Subscribe to ourByju’s YouTube channel to get more videos on Bank Exam coaching by toppers
About Author: Bhavishya.S is presently working as a content writer at Byju’s. She loves to pen down her imagination through words. Since when she started her career she has written articles and blogs. If you wish to discuss any related concepts or ideas feel free to drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!