MONTESSORI vs TRADITIONAL Teaching Methods
- Montessori Method :The teacher usually is more of a guide. The child determines learning by own interest.
Traditional School: The teacher usually plays a central role . The child receives direction from the teacher and is suppose to abide by instructions.
- Montessori Method :Montessori kit allows children to explore. Child need not carry books and stationery every day to school.
Traditional School: School bags comprises of heavy load of books and stationary which the child carries every day.(In recent study in leading newspapers it has found that children carry up to five to nine kilos of study material on a daily basis resulting in seriously detrimental effects, both physical and psychological). Children get limited scope of exploration.
- Montessori Method :Purposeful technique provides internal self-discipline.
Traditional School: Teacher uses authority to discipline which is more of external.
- Montessori Method :Comprises of mixed age groups.
Traditional School: Comprises of same age groups.
- Montessori Method :Community building amongst children are encouraged, promoting sharing and socializing
Traditional School: Independent work is encouraged. Children have limited scope and time to socialize.
- Montessori Method :The child explores with self ideas, decisions, judgment and actions. Teacher is the center of work in classroom.
Traditional School: Children use their own intelligence and foster correction. Teacher indicates errors and children are to follow instructions.
- Montessori Method :The excitement of exploring motivates children to discover new learnings.
Traditional School: Report cards and grades becomes the only learning rewards.
- Montessori Method :Practical life skills are central to overall curriculum.
Traditional School :Theory based teaching becomes focal area of curriculum.
- Montessori Method :Child can move around as per comfort and talk and yet not disturbing the work of others.
Traditional School :Child needs to stick to own chair and expected to spend most of the school day from a fixed allocated space.
- Montessori Method :Montessori Philosophy allows parents to be more engaged and participate in the learning process.
Traditional School :Parent involvement limited to report card and exam scores.
- Montessori Method :In Montessori children learn through themes. The concepts are the key.
Traditional School :In traditional schools children need to follow age old syllabus without understanding the concepts.
576/A/17 Diamond Harbour Road
(opposite Ashoka Cinema)
5/30A, Netaji Nagar
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count: